Camp St. Innocent Mission Statement and Vision
'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind, with all your strength, and you shall love your neighbor as yourself.' - Mark 12:30.
Camp St. Innocent provides an opportunity for campers to experience a week where Jesus Christ is central in all daily activities.
The mission of Camp St. Innocent is to present to campers a living experience of the Holy Orthodox Faith, in their relationship with God and with one another in an uncluttered, natural environment through prayer and worship, education in the Orthodox Christian Faith and all other daily camp activities and programs. Camp St. Innocent aims to enlighten the campers, staff and volunteers with the glorious teachings of Jesus Christ, as well as the traditions of the Orthodox Christian Church, for their spiritual growth and for the glorification of God.
The purpose of this camp is:
- To provide individuals an opportunity to participate in an Orthodox Christian camping program through worship, instruction, crafts, sports, singing, games, eating and living together and many other activities.
- To proclaim and bear witness to the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ, by word and deed, as transmitted through the Tradition of the Church.
- To worship and glorify God and the Holy Trinity, according to the rites and traditions of the Church.
To accomplish this, through teaching and experiencing, we will seek to bring campers to:
- Awareness of self and their fellow man in God.
- Having Jesus Christ at the center of every activity.
- A living experience of the Orthodox Christian faith.
- Deepening their Orthodox Christian way of life.
- Good sportsmanship in the fellowship of divine love.
- Growth in personal relationships and personal responsibility.
- An appreciation of nature and a concern for the environment.